Departments And Divisions
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
- Department of Neuroscience
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
- Professor of Neuroscience
The senses of vision, hearing, touch, olfaction, and taste have the critical roles of providing the organism with a faithful representation of the external world. We use a combined molecular, genetic, and physiological approach to investigate the biology of sensory transduction in various systems and model organisms.
Hammer Health Sciences Building701 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-7921
- (212) 342-5747
Member, The Kavli Institute for Brain Science
- Brain Imaging
- Sensory Physiology
- Synapses and Circuits
- Chandrashekar, J., et al (2010). The cells and peripheral representation of sodium taste in mice. Nature 464: 297-301.
- Yarmolinsky, D., C.S. Zuker, and N.J.P. Ryba (2009) Common Sense about Taste: From Mammals to Insects. Cell 139: 234-244.
- Chandrashekar, J., et al. (2009). The taste of carbonation. Science 326: 443-445.
- Cook, B., R.W. Hardy, W.B. McConnaughey and C.S. Zuker (2008). Preserving cell shape under environmental stress. Nature 452: 361-364.
- Chandrashekar, J, M.A. Hoon, N.J.P. Ryba and C.S. Zuker (2006). The receptors and cells for mammalian taste. Nature 444: 288-294.
- Zelhof, A.C., R.W. Hardy, A. Becker and C.S. Zuker (2006). Transforming the architecture of compound eyes. Nature 443: 696-699.
- Huang, A.L., X. Chen, M.A. Hoon, J. Chandrashekar, W. Guo, D. Tränkner, N.J.P. Ryba and C.S. Zuker (2006). The cells and logic for mammalian sour taste detection. Nature 442: 934-938.
- Mueller, K.L., M.A. Hoon, I. Erlenbach, J. Chandrashekar, C.S. Zuker and N.J.P. Ryba (2005). The receptors and coding logic for bitter taste. Nature 434: 225-229.
- Zhao, G.Q., Y. Zhang, M.A. Hoon, J. Chandrashekar, I. Erlenbach, N.J.P. Ryba and C.S. Zuker (2003). The receptors for mammalian sweet and umami taste. Cell, 115: 255-266.